Running Part 1

Why Run?

Running is not just a form of exercise. To many of you it may seem like it is a form of exercise but for an athlete it is not. An athlete understands that running, in many ways, can be a way to escape problems, having trouble at home and for the elite athletes it´s a way of getting into college for free and especially debt free.

Why I Run?

I started running because I wanted a way of avoiding the after school bullies that beat me up from the very ignorant things such as the clothes I wore to why I even deserve to live. None of that matters now because I run to prove those people who doubt me and think I am not capable of being the best. All that just motivates me to be the best I can possibly be.

What I Get Out Of Running

What I get out of running is the fact that I run faster to achieve what I can possibly do. I started running sophomore year and I admit I wasn’t the fastest kid on the team i was the slowest. I doubted myself that whole season, I was on the verge of quitting cross country because it was not my thing. I just didn’t want to quit knowing I would get better. The only varsity runner that I knew my sophomore year his name was Marcus Owens had convinced me to do Track & Field. I was surprised with myself with the progress I was making in Track. I was all of a sudden becoming fast because I was relentless I wanted to give up, but i was relentless I was hungry to become better real fast. If it weren’t for Marcus Owens telling me not to quit I wouldn’t be the fastest runner here at vista for now. I know that i graduate at the end of this year which is sad, I am interested in running more in college because I dont think im done with running. Cross Country and Track have opened so many gateways for myself. I have gotten more than a couple of letters from colleges interested that there is a possibility i could run for them.

One comment

1. jodyordonez · October 31, 2016 at 4:55 am ·

Christian, I can clearly sense your passion for running and athletics. I know that you are one of the most outstanding runners on campus, perhaps in our division.

This post should be revised to “chunk” paragraphs and should also include headings. You should also include images to support your writing.